|Company Vision and Core Values Organization Structure Corporate Governance The Johnson Electric Story The Johnson Electric Edge Investor Relations Supplier Information Careers|
|Job Title||Director Quality & Reliability, Americas|
|Job Ref. No.||US-DIRQ&RAMERICAS-VAN|
City: Vandalia, Ohio
- Provide leadership on all aspects of quality systems, product quality and product reliability by establishing effective quality systems and procedures in compliance with the stated requirements and implementing them during product design, development, validation, production and after sales support, ensuring right to win for Johnson Electric and safe choice for our customers.
- Provide leadership in delivering "best in class" motion systems and related products to all our customers worldwide, meeting all of their stated requirements and expectations for quality and reliability the first time and every time.
- Drive a culture of improving process and product capability (CPK) in all applicable areas of responsibility with a goal to achieve a CPK of 2 throughout the applicable supply chain.
- Ensure internal Quality & Reliability issues and customer concerns are well coordinated and communicated amongst all relevant parties (globally as required) in order to address them in a timely and effective manner by clearly understanding the root causes and by implementing controls necessary to eliminate their repetition.
Quality and Reliability Systems Responsibilities:
· Develop, implement and maintain the framework for the overall quality system in accordance with all applicable industry standards and customer requirements (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, FORD Q1, VDA 6.3 etc.) for all of the assigned operations and/or regions in alignment with the corporate strategic plan and in order to meet the operational needs and customer requirements and expectations.
· Obtain and maintain certification(s) to all applicable quality and reliability standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, FORD Q1, VDA 6.3 etc.) as required with a reputable Certification Body.
· Ensure the stated quality, testing and reliability practices are established, institutionalized and incorporated in all products deliverable to customers.
· Lead early involvement from design stage of tooling, machines and components to understand the Quality Function deployment and ensure Manufacturing functions are able to deliver the required quality in products consistently.
· Drive the investigation of all internal and external customer complaints and facilitate determination of root cause(s) as well as successful completion of all related corrective and preventative actions. Assure a close loop Corrective and Preventive Action Process.
· Maintain and monitor the effectiveness of the Quality organization to assure the products and processes are reliable and robust to achieve the highest possible quality.
· Establish goals, monitor and appraise the performance of respective divisional Quality Organization including career plans that identifies key employees for growth and succession. Drive cross-functional alignment and decision-making process across all divisions.
· Develop strategic quality objectives and key metrics to maximize product performance, reliability and minimize the cost of quality. Participate with Management in the establishment of strategic and comprehensive quality plans and objectives that are comprehensively aligned with customer and business objectives. Execute the strategic objectives through plant Quality organizations and coordinate objectives in collaboration with the Manufacturing plants, subcontractors and suppliers.
· Collaboratively work with Corporate Quality Systems to develop and implement policies and procedures in all other divisions and suppliers to ensure adherence to quality standard and customer requirements (Advanced Product Quality Planning, Production Part Approval Process, etc.).
· Ensure adequate personnel and equipment are available to support calibrations of all gages and required Quality Control and Assurance for products for all customers.
· Recruit, train, develop and maintain qualified personnel within the Quality organization and provide performance guidance to drive a culture of zero defect.
· Oversee all applicable Quality functions, which include:
· Understanding of all applicable industry and customer Quality standards and requirements.
· Advanced Quality Planning, reporting, documenting procedures and Production Part Approval Process.
· All aspects of metrology, calibration and measurement system analysis (Measurement Systems Analysis, and Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility).
· Guidance for supplier development and supplier quality management.
· Implementation of corporate Quality policy, strategy and Quality education.
· Management of regional document control system.
· Ensuring Quality systems and processes are in full alignment with customer expectations.
· Ensuring new Product Development is effectively managed.
· Direct, control and staff the Quality and where applicable test laboratory departments to ensure support for execution of Quality systems meets requirements. Continually review requirements related to new processes, new products introduction and changes in technology, customer needs and safety environmental regulations.
Responsibilities Relating to New Product Development (The Engineering Competence Center Process):
· Responsible for ensuring the discipline for the new product development process (The Engineering Competence Center Process) is followed starting from the early design phase through to the feasibility study, sample preparation, Design Validation, Process Validation, and all aspects of Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process up to the finalization of Start Of Production, training and release to production.
· Responsible for compliance audits for the Engineering Competence Center Process.
Responsibilities Relating to Continuous Improvements (Process and Product):
· Provide day to day management and support to both Quality personnel and internal customers for all Quality & Reliability issues and concerns; drive Continuous Improvement initiatives using Gemba Kaizen, Six Sigma and Shanin tools to assure that quality through the entire supply chain consistently meet customer requirements.
· Drive a culture of proactive versus reactive Quality Management. Set stretch goals of achieving a process capability of 2 (Six Sigma) in all products, services and processes internally and at suppliers.
Responsibilities Relating to Customer Satisfaction:
· Provide a definitive linkage between the applicable regional customers and production facilities on Quality and product launch issues and lead their resolution to meet customer expectations. Enhance Johnson Electric's image in the eyes of customers.
· Lead the resolution of issues with the customers and supply chain, with usage of data, Quality tools, statistical applications, 8-D, PDCA etc. to make decisions. Ensure that Corrective and Preventive Action Processes within the plants are effective in identifying the root cause of issues, implementing Corrective and Preventive Processes and Validating Plans ensuring Quality systems are effective and problem resolution is totally implemented.
· Attend customer, external bodies, official audits, and/or meetings as required.Academic & Personal Qualification
- Bachelor degree: BSC in Materials, Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering.
- 11 or more years experience in Solid Process Engineering experience coupled with Quality System Management.
- At least 15 years of experience in high volume manufacturing environment preferably in motion systems, electro-mechanical devices, i.e., motors, solenoids, and actuation devices etc. Knowledge of tooling design will be a plus.
- Hands-on experience in process controls with good understanding of materials and applications.
- Experienced in leading and setting up Quality Assurance function, systems, and testing laboratory in a similar environment.
- Detailed working knowledge of International Quality Standards such as ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO 14001, and RoHS etc.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing Total Control Methodology and Statistical Process Control programs by using Quality tools like Gemba Kaizen, 3P, 6-Sigma, Design Of Experiments, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Quality Function Development, Measurement System Analysis, etc.
- Change leadership and achievement orientation, assertive and result-oriented, crisis and conflict management skills.
- Proficient in both English and at least one other European or Chinese language (spoken Mandarin or other major foreign language is a plus). Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Johnson Electric offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
To apply for the position please forward resume in confidence to: email@example.com
(Please include US-DIRQ&RAMERICAS-VAN-JE in subject heading)
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer/AA/M/F/D/V