|Company Vision and Core Values Organization Structure Corporate Governance The Johnson Electric Story The Johnson Electric Edge Investor Relations Supplier Information Careers|
|Job Title||Americas Regional Environmental Health and Safety Manager|
|Job Ref. No.||US1307-05|
City: Vandalia, OH
- Perform professional work in Johnson Electric’s operations and projects in the United States and the Americas region. The work requires a professional knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of engineering concerned with facilities and systems controlling pollution and protecting quality of resources and the environment; as well as working knowledge with the associated government.
- Provide technical safety and health leadership and supports to production quality and all employees, develop safety and health programs and objectives, deliver and coordinate safety training programs, monitor safety and health regulations and provide technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with Federal and State safety and health regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide technical safety and health leadership, support and information to production and corporate personnel.
- Support corporate and plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
- Identify safety-training needs. Develop, deliver and coordinate safety-training programs.
- Understand Federal and State (Tennessee, Ohio, California, Massachusetts, Michigan) EHS regulations in the United States; as well as learning abilities of laws and regulations in other countries including but not limited to Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Participate in new product and process reviews including process hazard analyses Operator Training, etc.
- Perform work planning, designing, construction, modifying or improving and maintaining facilities either by in house or contractual.
- Regulate and enforce environmental policies, programs and activities by established standards; draft new standards as needed.
- Interface with regulatory agencies (in the United States and other countries in the Americas) and other personnel to direct environmental efforts for facilities and projects in the region.
- Environmental compliance audits. Interact with outside vendors and government agencies as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain corporate safety library (videos, regulations, reference manuals).
ACADEMIC & PERSONAL QUALIFICATION
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health and Safety; Environmental, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering.
- 11 or more years experience as an EHS Manager, Environmental Manager, Safety Manager or Certified Safety Professional.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively deal with other people, especially other company personnel, to enlist needed cooperation in implementing regulatory requirements and EHS best practices.
- Ability to deal with regulatory agencies, consultants and other contractor personnel.
- Excellent written, oral and computer skills required.
- Ability to work in a team environment across multiple organizations and in different countries in the Americas including Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina.
- Preference will be given to those with other language skills in Central and South Americas (Spanish).
- Effective interpersonal, communication and training skills.
Johnson Electric offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
To apply for the position please click “Apply Now” button on website.
For questions, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer/AA/M/F/D/V