Please read the following carefully before using the Johnson Electric ("JE") website. JE's policy on the collection and use of personal information, in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, is detailed in this policy. By using this site, you indicate your consent to the collection and use of such information by JE in accordance with this policy.
- Non-Personal Information - JE may collect non-personal information from your visit to this website including:
- the date and time you accessed the website;
- the domain name from which you access the Internet;
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to this website;
- the name of the file or the words you searched and the browser used to access this website.
- Personal Information - You may be required to give personal information including your name, email address, phone number etc. when you use this website.
Purpose of Collection - Such information will be used in order to provide you with services and to help JE better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, JE may use your information to help you register for membership/contests/promotions/ surveys, submit inquiries, or complete a transaction or order, to communicate with you, to provide service and support, and to provide updates on services and benefits. Occasionally JE may use your information to contact you for market research or promotions regarding products or services. Should you wish to stop receiving any such communications, please contact us via our e-mail address listed below.
Persons to Whom the Personal Data May be Transferred
- JE's employees;
- Third party organizations which assist JE's operations;
- Banks in connection with payment of money;
- Any governmental authority requiring disclosure authorized by law.
- Transfer of Personal Data - Personal information given to JE may be transferred across state and country borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and simplified customer information management. Please contact us as set out below if you wish to know the countries involved.
- Security - If you doubt the security of using the Internet to send information that you consider confidential, you should not send that information to JE over the Internet. JE has implemented appropriate technical security measures to try to protect your personal data from unauthorized access or improper use.
- Cookies - To better serve you when you return to this website, JE may set and access cookies on your computer's hard disc. A cookie is a small amount of anonymous information recording your preferences when browsing this website. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Please check the "Help" menu of your browser to set cookie preferences as each browser is different.)
- Password and Account - If you join our membership program, you will receive a password and account designation upon completing the registration procedure. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to:
- immediately notify JE of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security; and
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
- Responsibility of Keeping JE's Records Accurate - You are responsible for ensuring that all the personal data provided to JE is accurate and up-to-date. If you wish to make any changes to the personal data, please contact us as set out below, and we will change your personal data according to your instructions.
- Access or Correction of Personal Data - You may ascertain whether JE is holding your personal data, or obtain a copy of the data. Please contact us in writing as set out below for any of such request. JE may charge a small fee for the processing of any data access requests.
- Retention Duration - JE will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary and will erase your personal data when it is no longer needed.
- JE's Contact Information - E-mail: email@example.com