Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the quality and effectiveness of the product designs in all Industry Products Group Asia projects in meeting the application performance, durability, noise, efficiency issues and cost requirements. The scope extends from components design and material selection to motor topology selection and magnetic design and also design for manufacturing and design for automation
- Works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined problems, identifying key technical issues and alternative approaches and resolutions. Develops and applies advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts, extending existing boundaries of knowledge.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineering teams to design and develop new products and product improvement, including project feasibility studying, concept review and design validation.
- Collaborate with the electronics, hardware, software, and corporate engineering teams to ensure successful execution of projects.
- Benchmark competition and state-of-the-art in market and ensure that our designs are competitive and superior in cost and performance versus competition.
- Support Industry Products Group business development team in defining technology roadmap in line with key market segments
- Drive continuous improvement on engineering process including design for manufacturing, establishing policy, standard and procedure to maintain technical competency to ensure KPI be achieved.
- Take part in the hiring and talent assessment process for new and existing employees to ensure top quality of technical talents within the engineering team.
Academic & Personal Qualification
- Master degree from a reputable university majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or Electrical Engineering or other related majors is required. Ph.D. in the similar disciplines is an added value.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in engineering, product design & development of motors in target industry segments, such as Building Automation, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, White Goods and Home Appliances, Power Tools and Industrial Automation.
- Experienced in systems engineering is mandatory. Mechanical and electronics motor design exposure is an asset.
- Experienced in the complete product lifecycle and also customer context, concept, prototyping, development into mass production and to launch.
- Candidates with knowledge in motor design, simulation, process, use case, reliability and validation are preferred.
- Good business acumen with experience in interfacing with customers to bridge the business with Engineering.
- Effective communicator, with excellent relationship building and influencing abilities.
ContactInterested parties please send your resume with covering letter, stating current or last and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and reference number.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only, a copy of which will be provided upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Company. Applicants who do not hear from us within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful and their data will be destroyed within 24 months of receipt.
Corporate website: http://www.johnsonelectric.com/