This position is responsible for development of Big Data platforms and applications fulfilling Johnson Electric’s digital transformation roadmap. You will work closely with a team of Big Data Specialists to complete data solution design, data platform implementation and application solution delivery. You will be assigned to projects like Engineering Analytics, Production Data Lake, KPI Kanban, etc.
The successful candidate must stay current with the latest Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Python, ELT and familiar with major Cloud platforms.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyze available data and propose practical big data solutions to fulfill business objectives
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Application Architects and Data Engineers to design and evaluate the solutions and selected technologies
- Create Proof of Concept (POC) deliverables
- Develop program code and testing, in accordance with the defined development cycle, coding standards and version control
- Prepare technical documentation, e.g. technical specification and migration documents
- Provide support to the team and users throughout testing and post-implementation stages
Academic & Personal Qualification
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant disciplines
- Solid 3-5 years of relevant experience in data processing (ELT) and data engineering solutions
- Proven project experience applying Data Lake technologies based on HDFS, Impala/Hive and Cloud platforms like Azure ADLS, etc.
- Strong data processing skill with tools of Talend, StreamSet and Spark
- Familiar with both structured and unstructured data format and storage
- Knowledge about IoT, edge computing and machine learning, in manufacturing domain preferred
- Good programming skill in Java, Python, SQL and Scala
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Interested parties please send your resume with covering letter, stating current or last and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and reference number.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only, a copy of which will be provided upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Company. Applicants who do not hear from us within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful and their data will be destroyed within 24 months of receipt.
Corporate website: http://www.johnsonelectric.com/